Select the Payment Page menu once logged in. Below we have listed the different subsections the Administrator will need to go through to create a new Payment Page. At any time and in any section merchants can select the "Create" button to save the settings and return later.
- Select a Payment Page Title (for example, My website) This title is for reference purposes only and will not be seen by the customer.
- Enter a "Return to Your Site" URL. This URL is used for the link returning the customer to the merchant website and also in case of timeout.
- Select the "Maximum Number of Payment Attempts" you would like to allow for customers visiting your site.
- Enter a Notification Email address where you'd like payment confirmations and diagnostic emails to be sent to. Please note that the "Notification" email address is particularly important during testing - placing the developer's email address in this field will ensure they receive error alerts and can then troubleshoot accordingly.
Terminal selection on this page is driven by merchant accounts already set up. For example, merchants with both US and Canadian dollar accounts will have the option of selecting either USD or CAD in the first drop-down list while those with only Canadian dollar will only see the CAD option. The respective merchant accounts and terminals will then display in the drop-down lists below.
- Select Currency from drop-down, if necessary (see above).
- Select Credit Card / INTERAC option. For CAD accounts set up to process Interac Online, merchants can choose to offer one or both payment options on their payment page.
- Select the merchant account(s) and terminal(s) that will be used for Credit Card and/or Interac Online live processing.
- Select the merchant account(s) and terminal(s) that will be used for Credit Card and/or Interac Online demo/test processing.
Merchants that have enabled the Paypal API access in their Paypal account settings also have the option of offering Paypal as a payment option. Merchants must obtain a Paypal account on their own, E-xact does not assist with this.
To offer Paypal:
- Select the "Enable Paypal" check-box
- Enter Paypal credentials in the respective fields.
These fields are also mandatory for Silent Post though optional for Relay Response.
- Select Return Link Method:
- LINK - The configured Receipt Link is embedded as a simple HTML link. No transaction results are sent when the customer clicks this link.
- GET - The configured Receipt Link is embedded as the submit button of an HTML form (method GET). When the customer clicks this button the transaction results are sent as HTTP GET parameters (URL query string).
- POST - The configured Receipt Link is embedded as the submit button of an HTML form (method POST). When the customer clicks this button the transaction results are sent as HTTP POST parameters.
- AUTO-GET - Sends the transaction results (same subset as method GET) as HTTP GET parameters (URL query string).
- AUTO-POST - Sends the transaction results as HTTP POST parameters.
- REDI - Submits the HTTP form with method GET, sending the transaction results as HTTP GET parameters (URL query string). This method is obsolete and will be phased out eventually.
- Enter Receipt Link text. This is the hyper-linked text that will display to the customer as the link to return them to the merchant's site. For example, Return to Mystore
- Enter Receipt Link URL.
- Enter Reference Number Title (optional): displays the value passed in the x_invoice_num form field on the default receipt.
- Enter Customer Reference Title (optional): displays the value passed in the x_po_num form field on the default receipt.
- Select the "Allow Relay Response" check-box to use Relay Response, then enter a Relay Response URL. This is the merchant defined URL that E-xact will relay transaction results to AND receive HTML back from.
- If "Allow Relay Response" is unchecked and you intend to use Silent Post, enter a Silent Post URL that E-xact will send transaction results to. Otherwise this should be left empty.
- If using Relay Response and you would like E-xact to validate the HTML your servers relay back for the receipt page, select the "Validate Relay Response HTML" check-box.
Here you can enable "Send a payment confirmation email to customers" if you'd like customers to be sent emails from E-xact when they make payments. You can define the "From" email address, as well as create a custom email header and footer.
- Language: options available are English and French
- Header Logo: merchants have the options of not displaying a logo or uploading their own graphic file. To upload a new logo:
- Select "Upload a new logo" and browse to the file in your local directory.
- Hit "Upload Logo". Note that logo files can be a maximum size of 100 KB.
- Enter color values for: Text, Background, Header Text, and Header Background. Note that values entered can be in text format for the 16 pre-defined web colors (i.e. black, blue, red, etc.) or hex-encoded (i.e. #EFFF5, etc.)
Here you may toggle the HMAC encryption type used for the Transaction and Response keys. Note that in almost all cases MD5 encryption should be used; SHA-1 encryption is provided for custom applications.
A transaction key that will be used in the Payment Page code is generated on this page. To create a new key, press the "Generate New Transaction Key" button. Please note that if your payment page was previously created and already linked to your website regenerating the key will break all existing links to your payment page. Do not regenerate the merchant key unless absolutely certain.
A response key is also provided on this page for use with Relay Response.
Hash Calculator (for testing purposes)
This tab can be used by developers to compare their calculation of the x_fp_hash value with E-xact's derivation. To calculate the hash:
- Enter the values used in the code's calculation of x_fp_hash in their respective fields on this tab:
- Press the "Generate Hash" button.
- Compare the resulting value with that calculate by the code.