- 1 Customer Confirms Order on Merchant's Website
- 2 Customer Lands on the Payment Form
- 3 Customer Experience: Credit Card Payment
- 3.1 Credit Card Payment is Processed
- 3.2 Credit Card Payment Customer Receipt
- 4 Customer Experience: Interac Online Payment
- 4.1 Customer is Redirected to Interac Online
- 4.2 Customer Chooses Their Bank at Interac Online
- 4.3 Interac Online Payment is Processed
- 4.4 Interac Online Customer Receipt
- 5 Customer Experience: PayPal Payment
- 5.1 Customer is Redirected to PayPal
- 5.2 Customer Reviews PayPal Information
- 5.3 Customer Confirms Payment
- 5.4 PayPal Customer Receipt
A successful scenario for a payment sequence from the customer's perspective would be as follows:
1 Customer Confirms Order on Merchant's Website
For example, this illustration shows a fictitious checkout page that is the last step in ordering items from the website http://store.merchant.com (Illustration 1). When the customer clicks the highlighted "Checkout" link they leave the merchant's site and land on E-xact Transactions' Payment Pages payment form.
2 Customer Lands on the Payment Pages Payment Form
The payment form in this example is configured for both credit card and Interac Online payments and the customer can easily choose between these two options.
3 Customer Experience: Credit Card Payment
The customer enters their credit card information in the payment form and clicks the "Pay With Your Credit Card" button. The payment is immediately processed while the customer is shown a wait screen.
3.1 Credit Card Payment is Processed
3.2 Credit Card Payment Customer Receipt
If the credit card information is correct, the payment is processed and the customer shown their receipt:
4 Customer Experience: Interac Online Payment
4.1 Customer is Redirected to Interac Online
4.2 Customer Chooses Their Bank at Interac Online
After the customer selects their bank, they are directed to log in at the bank's website, select the appropriate bank account, and are then redirected back to the Payment Pages site. The payment is immediately finalized.
4.3 Interac Online Payment is Processed
4.4 Interac Online Customer Receipt
When the payment has been finalized, the receipt is displayed to the customer.
5 Customer Experience: PayPal Payment
The customer submits their PayPal account information, and confirms the payment with PayPal and E-xact before being displayed a receipt for their transaction.
5.1 Customer is Redirected to PayPal
5.2 Customer Reviews PayPal Information
5.3 Customer Confirms Payment
5.4 PayPal Customer Receipt